Scientists in academia, government, industry and others working in the field of Metabolomics are invited to submit abstracts in the following scientific themes:
- Biomedical applications (8 sessions)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Metabolic diseases including diabetes
- Respiratory disorders
- Epidemiology, Health and nutrition research
- Ageing research
- Pregnancy, neonatal health, childhood and development
- Infection, inflammation and (auto) immunity
- Plant, Food, Environmental and Microbial applications
- Plant applications
- Plant Defense, pathogens, interactions
- Food applications and personalized nutrition
- Environmental applications & toxicology, including exposome
- Microbial applications and microbial engineering
- Model organisms
- Cellular models
- Technology (8 sessions)
- New instrumentation and technology
- Metabolite Identification
- Imaging and metabolomics
- Data analysis and statistics
- (omics) data integration, databasing & systems biology approaches
- (genome-scale) Modelling
- Tracer-based metabolomics, Flux studies
- New Frontiers (6 sessions)
We specifically invite abstracts that highlight new developments that may impact the field of metabolomics, such as novel technologies, novel application fields, or new developments in other fields that can impact metabolomics. We will dedicate a full track on this, including an overview of new commercial applications in the metabolomics field. Below are ideas what this could entail, but this list of topics is by no means exclusive. Please surprise us!
- New application areas of metabolomics
- Technology breakthroughs
- Developments in other (technology) areas that could affect the metabolomics field
- Artificial intelligence and deep learning
- Single cell analysis
- Metabolomics using stem cells, organoids, organ-on-chips
- Biosensors for metabolites
All abstracts submitted to the conference will go through peer-review and will be selected by the International Organizing Committee and the Local Organizing Committee. In order to ensure a diverse range of contributions each participant may only submit one abstract as "presenting author" while participants may be listed as co-authors on multiple abstracts.
Abstract titles should be short, but descriptive. Abstracts should be no longer than 250 words. The submitting author will receive an email message confirming the receipt of the abstract and will be responsible for notifying all co-authors of the submission.
Peer-review Procedures and Deadlines
- Oral abstract Submissions and edits due March 31, Poster abstract Submissions and edits due April 26.
- All abstracts will be reviewed by the conference International Organising Committee and Local Organising Committee.
- Abstracts constituting sales pitches for products or services will not be considered.
- Announcements of selected abstracts will be made by mid-April 2019.
- All presenters must register to attend the conference.
- Complete instructions for oral and poster presentations will be provided upon notification of acceptance.