The International Organizing Committee (IOC) is primarily responsible for development of the scientific program including speakers, session topics, workshops and abstract selection.
Justin van der Hooft
Sastia Prama Putri
Horst Joachim Schirra
IOC membership concluded in October 2018
The jubilee 15th International Conference of the Metabolomics Society will be held in The Hague, The Netherlands, from June 23-27, 2019. The conference will be held at the World Forum Conference Centre, located in the Hague between the beach and the city centre and is reachable within the hour from Schiphol Airport and Rotterdam The Hague Airport. The Netherlands has a strong history in Metabolomics, both in academy as in industry. This year we want to make a big success of the conference by working together with other European metabolomics associations and by highlighting Metabolomics 2019 is the event you don’t want to miss, because:
- On the main conference days we will have FOUR parallel tracks, one exclusively on Biomedical applications, one exclusively on Plant, Food, Environmental and Microbial Applications and one on Technology. The four track is again new and called New Frontiers. In this track we will have presentations highlighting new developments that may impact the field of metabolomics, for instance regulatory aspects, novel technologies such as artificial intelligence and deep learning and single cell metabolomics and novel application fields such as stem cells. organoids and organ-on-chips.
- We will have no less than 18 pre-conference workshops on Sunday afternoon and Monday before the conference starts, covering all aspects and application areas of Metabolomics research, which are of great educational value for Early Career Members and Students.
- New is that we will have two nearly day-long “Introduction to the field” workshops on Data Acquisition (Sunday) and Data (pre-)processing and biostatistics (Monday) for newcomers to the field.
- On Sunday night we have another new element: Career Night. This is the ideal opportunity for early career research to prepare for the next career step, by meeting research groups, research organisations and companies having job openings. In addition, we will organize round table discussions on career-related topics ranging from Networking to Work-Life balance.
- The conference dinner, at a beach club, is included in your registration fee
- The conference is the official meeting of the Metabolomics Society, and the largest metabolomics meeting worldwide. We expect this to be the event in 2019 for metabolomics researchers from around the world, we aim to attract 1000-1200 visitors, already we received over 400 registrations
- This year we will have exceptionally good exhibitor opportunities, as the conference will be laid out as a “all on one floor” concept: all meeting rooms and exhibitor space are on one floor, thereby we have an optimal flow of visitors to your booth.
We look forward to welcoming you to The Hague this June!
Robert Hall, Thomas Hankemeier, Age Smilde and Merlijn van Rijswijk
on behalf of the Local and International Organizing Committee