The following policies will be in place for meetings provided by the Metabolomics Society to assure the comfort and privacy of all conference participants and to encourage scientific discussions and presentation of novel data.
- No photography, videotaping or recording is allowed in oral sessions or in the Poster-Exhibit Hall except by the official Society photographer or Society approved Audio-visual vendor. This includes cameras, cell phones and all other devices.
- All conference attendees acknowledge and consent that pictures will be taken by the official Society Photographer and may be used for Society purposes such as marketing.
- Name badges are required for all conference sessions, including the exhibit hall.
- No smoking is permitted in the conference venue.
- Cell phones must be turned off in oral sessions.
- Material presented or displayed at the Conference, including but not limited to orals, posters, workshops, exhibit booths and hospitality suites, is the intellectual property of the presenter and may not be recorded, photographed, quoted, disseminated or transmitted in any form without the express approval of the author of the material presented. Such materials must contain appropriate credits for all content used.
- The placement of exhibitor advertising in the meeting area is strictly limited to the booths and tables of corporate members in the Exhibit Hall.
- No organized activities (even off-site) other than those approved by the local organising committee and the Society are allowed during the conference week (currently Noon on Sunday through 6:00 pm on Thursday).
- Children are not permitted in the meeting space during set-up or during Conference events, including the Conference Dinner.
- Each attendee may only submit one abstract for poster or oral presentation in the scientific sessions as the presenting author.
- Poster presenters must be present at their posters for their dedicated session within 10 minutes after the start of the session.
- Commercial logos on posters should not be larger than 20 cm x 20 cm.
- Posters and presentations should acknowledge all authors and affiliations.
- Posters and oral presentations should describe original research and include appropriate structural elements such as summary, introduction, methods, results and conclusions.
- Poster presenters are encouraged to provide handouts, e.g., preprints, extended abstracts, copies of poster panels, etc. No hardware, computers, books, accessories, or saleable items may be displayed.
- Posters and oral presentations should acknowledge funding mechanism(s), and declare any conflict of interest.
- Posters and oral presentations should affirm that research with human subject samples received appropriate Institutional Review Board approval or exemption.
- Posters and oral presentations should refrain from using photographic or schematics of animal models unless absolutely necessary for describing the study.